Friday, February 6, 2015

Well the goodbyes have been said and the bags have been packed. As I’m writing this I am on the plane from Toronto to St. Maarten where my brother, dad and lovely floating home are waiting. Yesterday as I got home from saying goodbye to all of the beautiful people in my life I was quite upset so I called my best friend Mira. She told me that she was proud of me because saying goodbye is the hardest part. All I could think was that she was so right. I’ve been doing this whole leaving thing my whole life and yet I never really realized that saying goodbye really is the hardest part. Once you are gone everything is much easier and much happier, it is just so hard to realize all of that when you are leaving the ones you love. Ever since my last trip, so much has happened in my life. I started high school at Forest Hill and got insanely into the music department, joining choir, musical and vocal such things. That is where I met so many fabulous people including my two best friends Mira and Julia and my wonderful boyfriend Lukas. These past years have been such a wild ride and I am so glad I got to spend them with the people I have, yet I do know that I need to get out of the city for a while. I can never really sit still for that long. So here I am on this plane too St. Maarten just waiting for the adventures ahead. I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed and have my own room again! Packing your entire life into a 50-pound duffle bag never really gets old ;).

I will be posting less emotionally charged blogs regularly so make sure to check in and read my moms blog for another perspective!


Missing everyone, Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment